How to adjust the shearing machine blade gap
1. Remove the blade and clean it one by one.
2. We can use the blade with four sides, select the good side install tightly. Check the straightness of the blade horizontally and vertically.
3. Because the upper blade is fixed and cannot be adjusted. We can adjust lower blade to change the blade gap.
4. Look for the two left and right widening clearance screws of the lower blade.
5. Look for the two left and right set screws of the lower blade to reduce the gap. There are locking backup nuts on it. Usually on the inside.
6. Loosen the four left and right bolts of the lower blade table.
7. Turn the upper blade to a proper position, and the operator starts to adjust in the blanking area ofthe shears by manual.
8. Use a feeler gauge to adjust the coarse adjustment to 0.5 mm from the unoccluded part of the left and upper blades.
9. Turn the blade to the middle position and adjust it to 0.5 mm manually.
10. Manually turn the blade to move the blade up to the middle position where the upper and lower blades are not disengaged. Roughly adjust it to 0.5 mm.
11. Manually turn the upper blade to the proper position and start fine adjustment.
12. Use the feeler gauge to start fine adjustment from the unoccluded part of the left hand and the upper blade until the feeler’s three wires can enter the five wires and cannot enter.
13. Manually turn the blade to the middle position and start fine adjustment to the feeler.
14. Manually turn the blade to the right position where the upper and lower blades are not disengaged, and start fine adjustment until the feeler is able to enter three wires and not five.
15. The above is for the new machine, fine adjustment to feeler three wires can enter five wires can not enter.
16. For old machine, fine-tune to ten feelers for the feeler and twenty for the feeler. Or make an appropriate adjustment according to 1 / 10–1 / 20 of the desired sheet metal thickness.
17. When the blade of the shears is sharp, if there is a burr on the edge of the cut sheet, the gap between the upper and lower blades can be appropriately reduced.